A fantastic opportunity has come up at DC Publishing headquarters – we’re recruiting for an experienced journalist to join our team as the editor of our titles.
Working as part of an established company with a reputation for producing high quality magazines, this is a great chance to make your mark on a number of successful titles and supplements.
This is a varied role, with titles covering everything from education to disability, celebrity to parenting, requiring a natural curiosity and fantastic communication skills.
You will be an experienced journalist with a proven track record of producing compelling copy for commercial titles; with key contacts in PR, charity and the public sector; who works well under pressure; and understands key elements of the publishing process, such as schedules, deadlines, flat planning and copy generation.
- Editing, subediting, fact checking and proofreading all content
- Writing features and news stories for print and online for all titles
- Formulating ideas for all titles
- Flat planning all magazines
- Researching, via telephone and online
- Sourcing images
- Working with advertisers to generate sponsored content
- Website management
- Social media management
- Managing in-house editorial and design staff, commissioning freelancers and managing work experience and internship candidates
- Sending all magazines to press
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Background in print journalism, with experience of digital
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative
- First class organisation skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce accurate, interesting copy on a range of different topics
- Microsoft Office
- InCopy and InDesign
- Knowledge of CMS desirable (e.g. WordPress)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established journalist to take their career to the next level with a variety of respected magazines.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with details of salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be in touch to request examples of your work.